Thursday, October 10, 2013

Love Legos?

I do love Legos. These indestructible blocks have infinite possibilities only limited by our imaginations. Over the last twenty five years, I have gathered umpteen blocks, accessories, mini figures and building plates to satisfy my children's insatiable desire to build. Until a year ago, I was kind peeved with Lego for making all of their sets a bit boyish themed...Star Wars, Batman, Ninja Turtles, Cars, Monsters and the like. You get the picture. My girls never cared. They built with the "boy" stuff anyway. Every year I would moan about the fact that girls like to build and why didn't Lego release any girlie themes. Well I must have whined so long and loud they heard me and made a new product targeting girls Lego Friends..pink blocks, pets, horses, fashion, music. Yay, this momma was so happy. My girls do love them. It has opened a whole another genre of creative play that didn't exist with those primary blocks.  Now we have pink in the mix with those primary blocks, and the flowers and butterflies intermingle with the treasure chest, swords and ammo.

Lego is one of those products that crosses gender as well as age lines. I know grown men who have Lego sets they would never dream of parting with in their lifetimes. I envision they will be willed to their grandchildren at some point. The crazy thing is, they will most likely be in perfect working order. These toys don't break or wear out! The water doesn't damage them. We have had many a pirate ship in the bathroom sink. I do warn that puppies could mangle them pretty badly and may render them unusable, but the toddler I care for full time has found a large Duplo Lego brick that is awesome for teething on and he has yet to leave any teeth marks. They are that awesome.

Would you like to get your hands on some of your own? Add to your collection? Give to someone you love? How would you like to possibly win your very own cool set of Lego while helping us raise the ransom for our Daniel?  Today is your lucky day! For each $20 you donate to our account on Reece's Rainbow, you will get an entry for a Lego giveaway. This is limited to the first 35 people to donate, so your chances are pretty good of winning something. Let me introduce you to the prizes...

1st Prize:
Choice Of One Winter Village Cottage, Lego Town Square, or Duplo Town Set
Winter Village Cottage





















Lego Town Square


















Duplo Town Set













2nd Prize:


Lego Advent Calendar
















3rd Prize:


Lego Fall Scene 2013














4th Prize


Two sets of Mini Figures














Who's ready for some Legos? Who's ready to help this boy come home to our family?

 All donations are tax-deductible 

Once you donate to the account, please leave a comment with your full name and email so I can notify you if you win. I will not publish any of those comments.

4 comments:

  1. Blessings on your adoption!!!
    Brenda Hugen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Shannon and family! Blessings to you all! Love, Steve and Linda Popp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! We appreciate all your prayers.

      Delete